Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Last Day




Sunday 6/28/09

Today was lovely. We started late, so we had brunch instead of breakfast which we picked up at the corner store. We ate on the bus on the way to the Dublin Zoo. The Dublin Zoo was a lot more fun then I anticipated, and we ended up spending most of the day there. By the time we got back to our hotel it was already 5pm. We considered a quick nap since both of us were tired, but I ended up reading for a bit, and then taking a nice long hot shower to ease some of the tension in my back. I really miss my bed. It’s all nice and soft, it supports my back, and very importantly it doesn’t sag in the middle. Sigh, I guess I’ll have to wait till tomorrow night to get a good night sleep. Later tonight the plan is to grab a slice of pizza for dinner, and then to pack so we’re ready for the early start in the morning. We have to catch a bus to the airport at 7am, so we’ll be waking up considerably earlier then we have been all vacation. I have to say that this vacation has really been better then I imagined it would be. After 3 weeks of travel I thought I would be exhausted beyond reason, and would need time to recover once I got home. Like a vacation from my vacation. I still feel like I will need time to adjust when I get home, but I’m more concerned about the new things at home like starting my new job, and less concerned about recovering from our trip. I’ve been quite happy with our decision to bring our lap top along on the trip, it has enabled me to journal, and keep track of our wonderful, and sometimes strange experiences. I look forward to being able to re-read this journal at some point. To all those who have been following our assorted adventures, I hope you have enjoyed the narrative. I’ll see you soon, back in the states. Good night, and God bless.

No comments: